View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 04:07 AM
Iceblossom

I've been taking a day or two to think about my goals. I really want more available wall space to hang art, but I need some more shelving in the sewing room. I compromised and bought parts for two wall mounted shelves, I will still have space above for art, but I need spaces for things. It's funny, I knew what each part cost and each was reasonable yet the total surprised me... Sort of like what happens sometimes when buying fabric. I did buy heavy duty parts, I might only plan on light things there now but I might want to put rocks up there later. Should be a minor project to get those up and mounted, might happen today but goal is by Monday. I like achievable goals!

I did have a fun day browsing at the hardware store and looking at various options for various projects. I need to measure again, but I think I should have room above my desk for both my bulletin board and a peg board system for my most used tools. Mostly the bulletin board has bits of sparkly things on it, but I write big notes to myself on what I'm doing on my projects, like how many combinations or what order the colors go, and pin them up. The peg board would be a new addition. One of my friend's (whose husband worked for Boeing and went through the full 5S/Kaizen sort of thing there) did the full set up for her, including the outlines of the actual pairs of scissors and stuff. It was clear that everything had a place and it was either there or not...

Yesterday I did not have organizing day at my friend's house, her husband had medical appointments. Am going today and am looking forward to seeing her treasures

In addition to the specialized need for vinyl record storage, am also looking at bowling ball options. Hubby is growing in his league participation and his ball collection and has at least 6? 4 of which have been rolling around the living room quite a bit. I also have two balls of my own (but they are in a case). Like records, bowling balls are heavy storage!