Thread: New machine
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 12:06 AM
Schill93

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
I would suggest the Pfaff Passport. It has built-in dual feed (IDT) since smooth feeding is your top priority. It's lightweight, has serpentine stitch, and all the other nice features you're looking for.

As an aside, do you have an over-bed table? One with wheels, like in the hospital. It might be easier on your legs than setting the machine on the board on them. I was looking at them a few years ago when my dad was sick, and you can get one for under $100.

​​​​​​Good luck with your search!
Yes, as a matter of fact I do, but it is occupied with my computer and my large scanner. You see this now serves as an office, a sewing room, and a bedroom (and as I eat most of my meals here, I guess a dining room too.)

The machine I use now is only 13 lbs. and it is not uncomfortable. i tried another machine I have which weighs about 21 lbs., and that was just too heavy. The rolling bed carts are great, but a heavy machine would not work on it. i think I would be fine with a machine on my lap up to about 14 lbs. max. I have another Brother machine that is light, but it does not have all the features that my 350 has, and so now I am spoiled. Love the thread cutter and the programable back taker functions.
I think I would like the Jenome 4120, but that's $750. I have never had a Janome, so not sure how smooth that model sews.

I will look into the Pfaff Passport. And to the other reply I got, I did look into those machines, but they do not have the auto thread cutter feature.