View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 10:20 AM
sewingpup

Default new washing machine and dryer

OK, Just bought a new washer and dryer. Gulp. anyway, I have been worrying myself silly that my 20 something old washer and dryer would just quit one of these days. Heard about the appliance shortage, winter's coming. Don't want to have to luge everything to a laundromat and don't want to have to hang clothes to dry outside, even if the fires finally go out, snow is coming. Called around, seems stores either have no washers but have dryers or no washers but have the dryers. I did want a top loader and was lucky to find a store that had some of those. Umm...what size...what price. Anyway, I ended up getting one of those top loaders without an agitator but a fairly good sized one at 4.8 cubic feet. They had a larger one but I could not reach the bottom. This one I can barely reach the bottom of the drum and will have to spin it to reach the far side. It is dark grey! The bigger one was white and as was the much smaller one they had with the agitator. They said if they had to order one it would hopefully only take 4-6 months to get one. So I got the grey one. No matching dyer...actually no dryer of the same brand and only one small one of another brand that wasn't gas, but he did call their supplier and they had one that they could put on the next truck! So hopefully, they will arrive in a few weeks. umm...better start saving now for the new stove....yikes...all my appliances are 20 some years old except the frig which I got last year. I read somewhere that quilters like the top loaders better than the front loaders....they did have plenty of front loaders it looked like.