View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 06:04 AM
fatsewcat

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Such beautiful use of shading! and then comes #3 and #4. Each is so unique that the recipient will know their quilt is special to them.
Thank you.

Each one of these quilts have something a little personal in them. The black and green on is because the recipient mentioned to me she likes green and I know she likes to decorate her home in black in white with accents of color. The orange on is called the fireman block, it is for our uncle who used to be a volunteer fireman. The baby blue kaleidoscope quilt is for a cousin who told me he favorite color was light blue. And the black and gold one is for a cousin who graduated from Purdue. I don't much more about him so I know he will at least appreciate that little tie-in. I actually think this quilt will be one of the entire families favorite quilts because they are all Purdue fans, plus we have a couple other PU grads in the family but I wasn't making all the quilts the same.

The four I am working on next are for a hunter, and one who always dreamed of opening a bed and breakfast called the "honeycomb" so she is getting a bee quilt made to look like honeycombs. The other two are for family members I don't see as often and don't know them as well so they are getting whatever popped into my head. I think they will still be loved but they are a couple of the few that aren't as personalized.