Old 10-08-2021, 07:15 AM
Railroadersbrat

Good morning, everyone. Heather, thank you again for hosting, love these weekends.

I'm definitely in, I have a fall table quilt that I have been itching to start for quite some time now, I've got some hand-dyed fat quarters that I have been sitting on for months that I picked out for it. The pattern is from 256 Fat Quarter Quilt Blocks from House of White Birches, it was one of the very first quilting books I bought about 15 years ago, give or take. It was actually the first pattern that I ever tried and without going into a lot of detail, the quilt top was damaged beyond repair and I had to throw it away. I never picked it back up again until now, so super excited that I'm doing it now.

Then when I can, I'm working on another GFG, I just have not been happy in the least with any of my previous attempts, so I found some jellyrolls that I really liked a month or so back and I'm using those. The picture I've attached shows the rosettes I've done so far. This time, they're 1-inch hexies and my white fabric and two more jellyrolls came in this week, so I'll be cutting strips and hexies at some point.

That's about all I've planned for this weekend. The last few VQW's I pushed myself way too far to get a lot done and I've fallen short of my goals. This time, I want to just take it easy.

I am definitely interested in a VQW over Thanksgiving weekend, fiance and I have no plans other than dinner together and we do our holiday shopping online. No family is expected this year, so we're on our own, would be fun to designate another quilt weekend!
Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg