Old 10-11-2021, 07:31 AM
Iceblossom

Hope everyone has a good week/month ahead of them!

I did indeed get the serpentine stabilizing done on Aunt Debbie's top. Hopefully by the next VQW I will be able to show a completed picture. Maybe. It's a goal anyway...

Today I will bring out the BSR (bernina stitch regulator) and see how I do with FMQ. Will be a test piece (or 2 or 20) first! It takes me quite a bit to switch to FMQ, I keep smashing the foot pedal and wondering why the machine isn't moving (hint to myself, it's because I need to be moving the fabric first!). Getting the sewing table this past summer and being able to lower the machine to table top height has made a big positive change to my physical ability to move the tops around and seems (as hoped) to be improving the technical quality.

My initial desire for the large spaces was a random meander for sort of a lacy effect in the large areas, especially those big expanses of yellow. I'm currently fighting myself against the desire to put some sort of quilted emblem in each corner of the fan blocks, whether that's a flower or UM or something else. I do think random fill is the best for how I've started but I can't draw that out so well in my notebook.

I have a couple of tops that have planned quilting designs and I am working at improving my FMQ skills to work on those. Good thing is I still have plenty of tops, at least 20 more tops all with backings and bindings already made.

While on a Redbox movie binge with the hubby in my non-sewing room time, I finished the hand part of the binding of last year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery, Grassy Creek (or I call my top "Silver Linings"). I am soooo slow at the hand binding... but I have the previous mystery, Frolic to do next. Binding is on by machine, Tuesday quilt group is tomorrow and I can start the hand work there.