Old 10-11-2021, 02:30 PM
Railroadersbrat

Default Monday Update

Eeish - had a bad night last night. We ended up getting some storms around 3am, which threw my brain into a tizzy and I ended up needing my heavier meds. I haven't been awake but maybe an hour and a half, I still have an aggressive headache and we're due for storms off and on the rest of the week.

No progress on the table quilt today, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get anything done with this headache, but I did make a replacement pin cushion since it was an easy way for me to at least get something accomplished without using my quilting brain. I do want to make another chicken pin cushion with Lisa Pay's pattern, but that involves too much brain, so this little guy will do until I feel better. I used a couple nine patch blocks from the leaders and enders I had, I think he turned out pretty good and I weighed him down with half a bag of rice, so if this one happens to fall to the floor, I'll actually hear it and maybe keep my boy dog from chewing on it.

I did have a thought that I wrote down in my bullet journal so I wouldn't forget, but I am considering making a pin cushion for each quilt that I make using the block that is in the quilt from the leftover scraps. So, for the table quilt, one side would be a Maple Leaf and the other side would be QSTs. I think it would be a neat way to showcase the various quilts I've made over the years.