Old 10-26-2021, 02:47 PM
DawnFurlong

Originally Posted by K8jugs View Post
My original machine already went back to the shop for the same issue and then off to Pfaff. The shop said the issue still hadn’t been resolved but would send me a new machine. Well… I unpacked the machine at the weekend and it’s a ‘new to me’ machine by the looks of it. There was no lint in it at all but it had been out of the box for sure. I started sewing and straight away the same issue. It’s only after the thread cutter is used though. Doing a leader or just pulling up the bobbin thread first it’s fine. But cut the thread by the machines thread cutter and 8 out of 10 times the bobbin thread is no where to be seen for either the first 4-8 stitches if at all. You then have to rethread the bobbin as it’s too short and will not catch.

I just feel so deflated. I’m not in a good place at the moment so I’m not up for the job of arguing/confrontation. Nothing is never easy is it (sad face)
That is so frustrating. These are not inexpensive machines! I am sorry you are having this issue. Sounds slightly different than what I experienced. I felt very deflated as well, as this was more than I ever thought I would spend on a machine (it was a closeout, so a bit above my budget at the time - but definitely less than what it sold for used). I have thought about selling the machine. In the right house (with updated electrical) - I think it would be a very nice machine. I do like other things about it, really like the IDT. It was the FMQing that I really wanted to be able to use it for though. Since Pfaff sent you a "new" machine, it would seem that they are aware of the problem, because it seems these vendors never want to do that! They should be honest though if they are sending you a refurbished or a demo machine. I hope you are able to get a resolution.