View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 04:43 AM
Terry in the ADK

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Thanks for the encouragement.

Originally Posted by Gemm View Post
I just want to share my two cents' worth on the "finished is better than perfect" idea.

A couple of days ago I unearthed a houses and trees "quilt" I made in my very early quilting days. The blocks had all been "designed" by friends - I'd cut out the pieces then invited them to come and put a house together. I still think it's really pretty and fun but it's chock full of technical issues, from crooked sashing to uneven blocks to a couple of places where there are actual gaps where I didn't manage to stitch the blocks together properly. A couple of the blocks have unsightly bulges (similar to some of the pandemic side-effects I've noticed on myself!) and because back then I didn't actually know how to quilt I pillowcased it and had started tying it, but the tight weave on the backing (it was a sheet, if I recall correctly) made that frustrating as well. I'm reasonably confident that the deep pink sashing/backing will run when it's washed (although I'm not sure). It has been sitting, incomplete, in a storage box or linen closet……
Every quilt has a story, has a purpose. I wouldn't gift this quilt in a million years. But I think I love it. :-)
I am going to pull out some UFO s after reading this for sure!