View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 05:31 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Bonnie said she would not post die information but I have to use mine if I want to keep my hand pain in check. Any chance we could share this info or PM it if we ask ?
Haven’t quite finished a few of my 5 previous ones but like others have said, they are learning exercises for sure. I promised myself I would not start any new projects until some of these are done but I made an exception or two or three or….
Over the years, I am finding I have more and more of the dies I need for these mysteries. We know, that the pieces will probably be on the smaller size. Anyway, I have the dies in various ages, I have a die that reads "HalfSquare 1.5" Finished Triangle...OK so that is the finished size of the unit this die will make. Bonnie gives us the size to cut and also I believe the size of the finished unit (I think that is what usually happens). Now on my older die, it is labeled "Square 2 1/2" multiples" No mention of whether that is finished or unfinished but I can take my ruler and measure them and yep, on this die it is the unfinished size so it will make 2 inch finished squares once stitched up with the 1/4 inch seam on all sides. Hope this helps. I have also printed off a list of dies from the Accuquilt website and have highlighted all the dies I have. I store them standing on their sides in an plastic egg crate box with the printed edge up so I can find the one I am looking for. I find on occassion, Accuquilt doesn't make the die that I need so I have to use my ruler but sometimes I can use the die to say, cut strips and then subcut them with my rulers...Oh, I got Creative Grids Stripology Ruler this year and that may come in handy too for those dies I may not have.