Old 11-05-2021, 08:09 AM
Iceblossom

NZ -- If I understand your question, I think you can divide this top into Dark (Garnet), Medium Dark (the Pinks), Medium Light (Yellow) and Light (Neutral) but the hard to prepare for would be the Aqua. She says though we can wait until the last to make up our mind, and maybe the answer is Accent fabric that has everything!!

I went more with value and used a wide range of colors on my Frolic top, but the fabrics were all of a type (hand dyes). For example we basically had two blue paint chips a dark and a light, and I had dark set of purple-blue-green and one light set of a similar color range but I kept the colors to the same side of the color wheel.

The last two quilts were made using sets of fabric, that is we would make XX units of the same combinations and combine them into a single block, with different blocks made of different combinations. If we have the same sort of combinations this time, I think you could have both dark maroon and dark green as well as other colors too -- but I think it would be challenging. If the design is more scattered, it could be lost going strictly on value and not color.