Old 11-05-2021, 05:25 PM
peaceandjoy

SuzSLO, your Grassy Creek is wonderful! I love the changes you made.

I've done many of Bonnie's mysteries - my first was Carolina Christmas. Some remain UFO's. One will probably never be finished, I really don't like the colors or the finale. Although I often change the colors, for that one, I really wanted to stretch myself to use bright colors Bonnie suggested. Blocks are all done, sashing is made, 3 rows together and there it stays.

This year, my challenge is to use only one fabric for each color! Since all of those years ago when I did my first BH quilt, I've never done only one fabric for any color in any quilt again. Now, using only one seems hard. The only thing I am not settled on is my dark. I have 2 blues that I am considering. I will be using a variety of neutrals - I have a lot of them after seeing how fun it is to really mix them up and find the unexpected.

Is anyone else thinking that we'll be string piecing neutrals? It's a huge amount of yardage. When I was first introduced to string piecing, I really didn't like it. Now that I realize how much depth it adds, I love it!
Attached Thumbnails blue-floral-2.jpg   blue-floral.jpg