View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 03:24 PM
SuzSLO

Default Flower Bed: From UFO to Quilt

This was a UFO based on a pattern known as Bed of Roses, which was the cover quilt from the March/April 1996 Quiltmaker magazine. It was designed by then high school student Anna Brandsoy for her geometry class and sewn in the magazine by Carla Kilkelly.

I started it around the time of the publication of the magazine issue, with some blocks completed and lots of units cut. It became
a leader/ender while I did the 2019-2020 Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. As my Grassy Creek mystery quilt progressed last winter, so did my UFO. I even shared blue and yellow fabric between the 2 projects.

The Flower Bed quilt top was finished in late January, but then it went back into my UFO pile because I didn’t know how to quilt it. Thanks to a recommendation on this Board, I enrolled in HollyAnne Knight’s online Free Motion Quilting Academy in September. And, here we are, a fully quilted quilt. Finished in time to start the next Mystery Quilt from Bonnie Hunter.

Attached Thumbnails img_0161-3.jpeg   img_0163-3.jpeg   img_0164-3.jpeg   img_0165d-3.jpeg