Thread: Scraps?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 03:00 AM
berrynice

Smile

In reading this, it brought back a very pleasant memory.

For starters, I only save scraps that are at least 2.5" or larger and I cut them into either a strip or a square, or rectangle, depending on the size of the scrap left over.

As for my memory remembrance, when I was a child I remember playing with my mother's doll that her grandmother, my great grandmother made her. She had made the doll out of left over scraps from her quilts/dresses etc. She made different size yo yo's out of the fabric and strung them together through the center with heavy string to make the legs, arms, and body and then made a doll head out of muslin (stuffing it with of course) as well as her hands and feet. I can remember going through the different yo yo's looking to see the different fabrics. The different designs and colors fascinated me. The doll is long gone, unfortunately, but in remembering this, I think this is going to be my next project with my smaller scraps, in making a small doll for a smile on my shelf in my craft room.

thanks! I hadn't thought of her (the doll) in years and the pleasure I got in playing with her.