View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 01:52 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Even though the year is winding down and I thought I would look forward to actually doing a little ( shopping) in the new year - I have gaps in my stash after 4 years of moratorium, I think I’m going to stay diligently not shopping. Another year of moratorium.
even though I have accomplished quite a bit and have made great strides in decluttering and using up stash it has been a chore- I’ve lost the joy. It is hard and I force myself to get in there and sew/ quilt because I have stuff that needs to be made or finished ( or quilted for Ben) it’s an obligation and it’s hard.
i am so glad Ben is loving any opportunity to create a new quilt- he loves it and actually is trying to negotiate at work to work 3 days a week & have 2 to sew. The only thing stopping me from packing everything up and sending it to him is the fact they live in a little apartment and don’t have room . I told them when their lease is up they really need to find a bigger place.
so, anyway— 2022- here I come. Using up what I have, getting things done as I can, sharing/ passing stuff on as opportunity comes along- getting ready for a new chapter. Sewing for 56 years ( I’m sure I will always sew some- mending, stuff) and quilting for 46 years it’s been a good run just feels like time to turn the page.