Old 12-11-2021, 03:32 PM
peaceandjoy

Well, I am playing catch up already - both with clues and with everyone's posts.

We are at our vacation home in FL; the plan was that DH would drive down with me, stay for a couple of weeks, and go back to NY until mid-January, when he would fly back to FL, spend a week here, then we would drive back to NY. I brought my sewing machine and fabric with me. Doing the mystery away from home was part of the reason I decided to go with just one fabric for each color; only neutrals will be scrappy.

Clue one was underway when DH was admitted to the hospital for what turned out to be kidney stones. Over the course of 9 days, he was released 2x and back in the hospital in under 12 hours both times. I cannot believe they kept him there this long. With a plan for retrieval to be done on Thursday, he finally passed 2 stones early that morning and was "home" by noon. He is quickly getting back to normal now, having gotten quite puffy from all of the IV fluids and decreased kidney function. His flight to NY was rescheduled from 12/4 to 12/16.

Tomorrow i will cut my FG and will get those sewn over the next few days. With an easy 3rd clue, I am hopeful to be caught up when Clue 4 comes out. Although I suggested that I go back with him now, he's insisting there is no reason and that he's fine. I have never been a winter enthusiast, so will be happy to avoid at least some of it.

Having made several hundred FG for Talkin' Turkey, I am confident that I will use the 4 at a time method. It worked really well for me when I did TT and with quite a few needed, I'm just going to stick with that.