View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 01:47 PM
Panchita

I went back and dug out my goals for 2021:

1. I have 3 tops that will need to be longarmed (sent out) to finish - would like to do as many of these as finances will allow - ended up not getting any done at all! Not due as much to finances as to me losing motivation to sort them out... I did get backings for all of them, so I guess that's progress at least, lol

2. Finish Stars Sampler (UFO, currently a top - needs de-papering, basting, and quilting - I plan to handquilt this one) - top finished, handquilting not yet started

3. Finish Pumpkins wallhanging (WIP) - I'm in the process of handquilting this, have it all planned out and it is fairly small, so I feel confident that this is achievable, unless I get interrupted for some reason - fully finished

4. Finish Penguin Promenade BOM (WIP) - done the blocks, awaiting the setting instructions, will most likely handquilt - finished the top, needs to be quilted

5. Progress Sylvia's Wedding Sampler (UFO) - am doing this by hand, have about 1/3 of the blocks done, tend to do a couple of blocks and then put it away for a few months (hence aim to 'progress'...). No rush - progress has been made - at one point I was doing a block a week, but then ran out of steam again. Currently stands at just over half of the blocks completed.

6. Start Puffins quilt (been wanting to make this one for years!) - top finished, not yet quilted

7. Start Reindeer quilt - a kit (unusual for me) only just acquired. Would be great to get it done for next Christmas, but no pressure - top finished, not yet quilted

8. Do more quilting!! - this was definitely the case in the first half of the year, but not so much in the second (life got in the way)

So for 2022 I aim to:

1. Get the 3 tops from the 2021 Goals (Peace Cottage, Lone Star, Covering America) longarmed, and ideally a couple more (Puffins Aloft, Reindeer, maybe Penguin Promenade, maybe Stars Sampler - there's a few to choose from!!)

2. Finish handquilting Cats/Pumpkins table runner (started 2021) - done just about a third of it so far

3. Finish Flower Basket cushion cover (started in 2021) - need to machine quilt the front and then turn it into a cushion cover

4. Embellish Christmas star tree skirt - started and essentially finished in 2021, but I want to add some more handquilting and maybe some beading

5. Progress Sylvia's Wedding Sampler (2011 UFO) - I think I'm at about 75 out of 140 intended blocks made. Still no rush, other than it's now my longest running UFO and it's always satisfying to get those done

6. Get back into the habit of quilting - hoping this is going to be easier in the New Year if life calms down a bit!

Long post, whew. I wish everybody luck with their goals for 2022! :-)