View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 04:33 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Default Spent most of the day sorting/ cleaning

I worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Had today off then back to work again Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday so, I decided to clean out my desk ( which is where my sewing machine lives). One drawer under the machine, then a stack of 3 drawers on the side which over time have collected lots of stuff. I completely emptied all 4 drawers, tossed a lot of miscellaneous papers & junk that really had no reason to even be in the sewing room. Cleaned each drawer, rearranged and organized and as I was doing that many things either belonged in or had things that went with other things in the sewing cabinet- I have a sewing cabinet with three drawers ( and a 65 year old singer in it) so that got all cleaned out and organized too. When I had both of them all done I still had an hour before I needed to start dinner so I also attacked one shelf of one of the book shelves. I have 3 7 foot book cases in there ( one shelf at a time) I put a lot of patterns into a box to donate somewhere and a stack of books - most of which are new- to maybe offer for sale somewhere. I noticed some of those books I’ve had for 18+ years and have never made a single thing from them or even done more than thumbed through them a couple times. I pick them up & think- this is kind of cool- but then I have to tell myself- it’s just taking up space I’m never going to make any of the patterns in this book & someone else might actually like to make some of these quilts.
anyway— I managed to get a lot done today. ( my hubby says that room has been in chaos since the day we moved in. ) I keep making strides in getting it decluttered and organized- I know I’m making progress even if he can’t see it.
i felt like I was Spring Cleaning in December today.