View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 03:03 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Default Thanks for the reward idea-

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
RedGarnet222; for me, I asked my sister and daughter to help, neither sew and has no emotional connection. Each spent 3 days. Seriously supportive people. Since then I've been able to continue the process.

CKcowl; congratulations! You deserve a big reward. Non-sewing related: glass of wine, pedicure/manacure, new book......
I scheduled a Pedicure.
for a long time it was difficult for me to get rid of my stuff- but I ( finally) decided to Get Honest with myself. I pick up a book or pattern and look at it, remember often when I got it then ask myself * what are the chances you will ever actually make this ? Or anything in this book? It’s really quite ridiculous that I have so many patterns and books since 98% of the time I don’t use a pattern, I put quilts together ( make them up as I go) my granddaughter tells people “ oh my grandma, she just wings it” I tell people I’m way too undisciplined to follow a pattern; so why do I have hundreds of them??? For ideas, jumping off points I guess. But, I don’t have to keep all this ( stuff) for that when we can browse on line all the time. There are a few I’m keeping mainly because I have a specific person/ project to do but all these that have just been on my shelves for years and never used- time for them to go.