Old 12-28-2021, 03:47 PM
Iceblossom

Sorry Woodland Creature -- Another non-helpful vote on the Green/Aqua. I have a slight preference for the right but both work very nicely. I remain completely undecided for myself although I have a few pulled out...

I am making good progress on this step. There are some good reasons for building the blocks the way Bonnie has it, but I started with decapitating my pink triangles and putting on the (oversized) neutral (white) triangles on the ends. I have all of those units made, and attached to a set from the Clue 3 sub-units. In the process of sewing them together.

Usually I force myself to go in strict random order, but with this reasonable number of sets, I matched fabrics. I didn't count or plan out ahead in terms of pinks/purples, other than I wanted about 1/3 purple. I decided to put together these two sets of clues as close to possible by color/value. Most of the sets are either pink or purple, but I didn't have quite the right number of combinations, but I'm happy with the combos.

I won't have a picture ready of this clue for a couple of days, so here's the last clue showing my Garnet hourglasses along with the "gift" pieces up top... I don't know yet what I'll do with them, but there is a pieced rose in the Ruby McKim patterns (one of the newspaper columns and my first quilt book) that might be put to use..

I get the big clips, 5 in a package, at the Dollar store. Keep threads out of the hinge area but these are great and can hold 2 pieces firmly, or large groups of 20 or more. They are bulky and heavy but easy to grip/open.

Attached Thumbnails 100_6260.jpg