Old 12-30-2021, 08:32 AM
woodland creature

I decided that I had to not only clean up my sewing space, but completely reorganize. So all the furniture is now where it should be (at least in this iteration), but there are boxes of stuff piled on every surface, and nothing is plugged in. And of course, we are getting company today, so need to clean up the rest of the house. I'm just hoping that I can put away enough stuff to be able to start with the next clue.

Iceblossom: Love your double uglies and homely faces concepts. I accidently stumbled upon the double uglies as a way to put the blocks together when I did the 5th clue. While it was easy to put two fabrics that I loved together, I just couldn't bring myself to put two fabrics that I didn't particularly like together. I ended up with a few strange combinations, so we'll see how they look in the finished quit.

Professionally, I am an epidemiologist and statistician, and the whole concept of randomness is why I have shied away from scrap quilts. This is my second, the first being a log cabin that I made about 10 years ago. And this one, like the last, is less a random assignment, and more controlled mixing. On the other hand, I have started planning the first quilt to be made after I retire (June - yeah, only six months away), based on a particular version of random assignment, as a way of easing into retirement. Maybe then, I'll be able to actually embrace scrap quilts.