Old 03-06-2010, 08:22 PM
SewOK

The Pfaff Expression has most of what you ladies are wishing for; big throat space (10") led light in middle of throat, needle/up down, presser foot is controlled by the foot control; it also comes with a knee lift; has the built in IDT (walking foot) that prevents those longer edges when you get to the end of your seam; two spool holders; thread cutter for bobbin winding area, wind bobbin through the needle without unthreading machine; low bobbin alert; 222+ built in embroidery stitches; built-in needle threader; (the secret to the built-in needle threaders working is that the needle has to be in the middle position and up as high as it will go); is very quiet (not as quiet as my 2056 was, but sews quiet); has a speed control; easy free motion quilting (you can also buy that table thing that moves your fabric around from Pfaff, which I don't have or want). This machine is one of Pfaff's tols; and, if you're not happy with the Expression 4.0 you can always move up to the Creative Vision which is the chariot of machines, as I understand, but it does come with at least a 6 or 7 thousand dollar price tag plus any extra software you want to throw on it.