Old 03-06-2010, 10:43 PM
yourstrulyquilts

I found this awesome quilty board in Nov of 09. I lurked awhile and decided to join with the rest of all the smart guys and gals, thinking I could swap war stories and make new friends, and maybe even learn to quilt better, or help someone else to quilt better. It looked like a fun group of people, having a good time. I also noticed just about everyone had an avatar, with really cute, pretty, fun, loving, pictures in them. So I looked thru all my pictures and found one that kinda spoke to me and with a couple clicks of the mouse, there it was, a little Smiley Face, smiling and sewing her fingers to the bone.
Then in January someone else started using my symbol! I talked to Admin and was told to talk to her to see if she could find something she would like better. So I did, but she didn't want to change. I don't know how y'all would feel, but it kinda ticked me off. I had been using that avatar for a couple of months and I felt like it got hi-jacked.
Well, being a peace-lover, I told her she could have it, that I would find a new one, which I did in 5 minutes or less, and I now have it proudly showing my avatar.
Maybe I should have done something different, or not done anything and there would be two of us with the same avatar. As of this writing, she is still using it.

What would you have done and how would you have felt?