View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 05:34 PM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by RlgQuilts View Post
I was wondering does anyone use an outside building example, storage unit, work office space building? I live in a small one bedroom apartment and looking for some place to set up my machines and not have to drag them out to work on them.
Ummm, I had a smaller sewing machine cabinet that did not take up much space. The machine could be lowered down into, the shelf on the left side, could be folded over the top of the machine which created a cabinet only about 30 inches wide, which I could cover with a table topper and lamp when not in use. Yep, you still would have to raise the machine out of the cabinet and flip down that shelf to the left. You mentioned machines, I don't know how many you have or how big they are. But you give up the convenience of being able to work anytime if you move your operation out of the apartment. I did have a sister-in-law who joined the local artist groups, and she would rent a space for her pottery and there was also a space which had a long arm in it for the fiber art people. Actually, she cleaned the space in exchange for the rent. One downfall about an outside space would be security.