Thread: Bernina 570 QE
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 03:05 PM
rusty quilter

Originally Posted by mumsyT View Post
Good morning,

I purchased a Bernina 570 QE a little over two years ago. While I was sewing, my machine jammed, and I could not turn the hand wheel at all. I tried all of the suggestions online but finally had to take it in. Unfortunately, the owner of the shop has no idea what is wrong with it, and he will have to send the machine to Illinois to Bernina there.
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem in the past. I also have an opportunity to buy a new in the box Bernina 790 for $6,000 which would be an upgrade. I was wondering if anyone has this machine and if they are happy with it.
Something similar happened to me. I had a new 830...big issues, it was in the shop all the time. They sent it to Ill as well--twice! Yep, yep. In the 2 years I owned it, the machine was in repair for 8 months! Honestly, feel like I was railroaded into a 770, because they had no answers! I bought the 770 (By then, the 830 was worth MUCH less than I paid). I am thinking it is all a big game to get us to buy, and then rebuy!