Thread: Bernina 570 QE
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 06:41 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by pennyhal2 View Post
I had the 770 for about a month and hated it. Too many screens to go through to get where I wanted. Got the Destiny2 and love it.
I don't think I could even learn my Bernina in a month, there are just so many options to pick from so the machine operates the way you want it. Once you get things set up, it is a lot easier until you want to try a different technique, then you got to figure out how you changed what you wanted to do then to what you want now. For example, I had set my 590 up so the foot would raise slightly by itself when I stopped stitching so I could easily pivot while turning corners, then I was working on piecing triangles and decided it would be better to have the foot stop down but it took me a while to figure out how to switch that. Then we get into the embroidery functions, and the cleaning and oiling functions. Yep, she is a complicated but very precise machine. There are days when I just want to stitch, and a straight stitch at that, so then I switch over to my little Bernina 215 which I can stitch and watch a movie with at the same time.