View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 04:01 AM
Quiltah Mama

I love all the eye candy we get on these weekends. Thank you all..... And thank you Heather for hosting.
I planned on sewing all day yesterday, and it worked out in my favor. I got the cording done for one jelly roll rug, and started on a second one. I will have hopefully get back into the sewing studio today and finish the second cording strip. After that I will have 5 rugs ready to zigzag together.
Since Covid started and many of us have been home using up our stash and sewing to our hearts content, I took the opportunity to put my sewn items in a craft spot and have been very successful. Then came the staffing shortage in healthcare, and I have picked up overtime and bonus money and work extra as a result of it, which translates to less time at the sewing machine. That brought me to the decision pull my items out the craft spot due to being unable to keep up with the sewing. I have been asked to make and sell my items in another location, but I too have declined that offer. There are two big craft fairs that are outside in a local town that I plan to have a booth at instead. I have left over items from the craft spot from the various seasons that I can sell off and can now sew for leisure like I have this weekend to fill in with the jelly roll rugs. No matter where I go with the rugs, and it seems no matter how many I have, I always sell all of them. It has been a hard decision to make, giving up the craft spot, but there are only so many hours in a week, and when sewing becomes a demand instead of for pleasure, it obviously alters the enjoyment of it.
Happy sewing everyone! I look forward to checking back in tonight to see every ones progress.