View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 09:15 AM
Feather3

I was at a local mall one day. As I was heading into the mall I watched a UPS driver throw boxes marked "fragile glass", in big bold letters, off the truck onto a flatbed trolley. You could hear glass breaking. He didn't care.

My husband uses self catheters. One day a shipment had arrived. The driver left it on our porch as usual. The box had been soaked at some point. The inside box had been soaked as well as the catheters. I called the company. They asked for photos so they could put in a claim to UPS & sent out a new order.

I have gotten many packages ripped open, wet or damaged in some way. Many are so dirty they have to be wiped off before bringing them inside or opening them. We also don't have home delivery of mail. We have to go to our local post office & pick our mail up. So UPS, FedEx often drops packages off at the post office. So why are we being charged for home deliver?? Good question. One package weighed over 40 pounds & our postal lady wasn't happy they dropped it off at the post office.

I tape heavy when I mail a package. I even tape the label to keep it from getting wet & info smudged.

Get this.....years ago a friend in Sweden sent me a ceramic plate. She put it in a heavy paper shopping bag with handles. Stapled & taped it shut. Put a label on it. The plate was only wrapped in tissue paper. Somehow it managed to make it all the way to PA unbroken.

I bubble wrap anything that may get broken, stuff the box full of paper or bubble wrap & heavily tape the box when I mail a package. I even tape the label to keep it from getting wet & info smudged.