Thread: Pieced backings
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 05:02 AM
Iceblossom

Thanks, QuiltMom2 that was a thrift store purchase 4 yards of border print to back a completed thrift store top UFO baby blank that was just a bit bigger than regular yardage. Purchases made years apart, but put together nicely.

I should mention that when piecing the large pieces, I use my usual small stitches and press open. I remove selvedges but have 1/2" seams. When I incorporate blocks, those are usually the standard 1/4". The cat quilt has been in use for a number of years and is holding up well.

This is another border print/thrift store print. I'm not sure if there is any cotton in in at all, but it reminded me of a particular favorite sundress I had back in the early 80s or so It is a lot easier with border prints if you can match them down the middle! In this case I did have to match the design and those little stripes carefully and I haven't yet trimmed down the super-wide selvedge. I'm forgetting right now if there is any cotton content at all, but it feels rather nice if flimsy. It will either hold up forever or disintegrate rapidly... But it amuses me and it will be a quilt I keep. Quilt is "Not Quite Y2K" and is made up of something like 720 Y2K squares that I put together around 2020. Not quite 2000 in many ways!
Attached Thumbnails not-y2k-back.jpg   not-y2k.jpg