Old 03-14-2022, 06:34 PM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by Innov8R View Post
I personally think being available to loved ones, people in need, a faith community, or a neighbor in trouble is very important. I also believe that incessant calling is a form of harassment that invades our home and peace. We should be able to have our phones on without fear of harassment. I registered on a Do Not Call List, have an unlisted number, and would like to see violators of my privacy fined for each offense. We are all essential to our families and communities.
I feel that "being available" means that I will contact them as soon as possible. I don't take calls when I'm driving, I don't take calls when I'm in a meeting and I don't take calls when I'm having a conversation with someone. I think that most people are adult enough to realize that others aren't available 24/7 to satisfy their needs. Fifteen minutes isn't much to ask to give someone time to return a call, is it?

And as far as what we "should" be able to do, well that's pretty much fantasy. We can't do everything that we should be able to do for our own health, safety and mental well being.