View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 10:53 AM
GramE

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
GramE, pace yourself! I hope you don't stress over getting your blocks done. And I have a sewing machine on my dining room table too! It's my main place to sew. That started in 2003 when I had my Dad and needed to keep an eye on him for safety. My sewing spot in the dining room looks straight into the living room, and left into the kitchen. I could keep an eye on Dad and the dinner I was simmering on the stove at the same time as sewing!

My kids don't come for holidays anymore, we usually have them at one of their houses, so the dining table is all mine for sewing.
our kitchen, dinner and live room space is open so no hiding. And my hubby in our later years has become the hoarder (books) so you’d think he wouldn’t notice but when my stuff begins to encroach on his space, he cries foul! I tried to make a Bonnie Hunter quilt from the sunroom and like to drive myself crazy running back and forth. The biggest problem I have using one machine is moving the needle and forgetting. I did it again yesterday on Reba’s basket. Brain cells die a whole lot faster than fat cells. If I was neat and orderly, I’d have room for two machines being out. But I have 2 quilts working, crocheting an elephant who wonders if she’s ever gonna get her other ear and 2 legs. I like my set up, I just don’t like that the cleaning lady is very moody.