View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 11:17 AM
Mumto2

One interesting thing I noticed when my mom died and her household goods were being grabbed up by the grandkids was that the 4 or 5 quilts that I had made were all claimed by someone who really wanted them. So I am moving forward with confidence that in the end someone will take them who wants them. My son enjoys my quilts so I suspect he will claim many, my daughter quilts herself so maybe not so many. I do think they will find homes. I have been quilting since my 20’s so my completed count is probably well over a 100. I wish I had kept track!

Between our two homes I have probably kept 30 quilted pieces. Many are EPP and several baby quilts my children used that I feel sentimental about. I have 7 or 8 themed table quilts designed to fit a round table that we use daily....

For my quilts done on a machine, I try to give quilts as gifts anyplace I think they will be appreciated to keep my personal supply low. I am concentrating on holiday and seasonal quilts for our house as much as possible but occasionally make one that I like too much to give away that doesn’t really have a theme. I have been accumulating a shelf of gifting baby quilts because eventually my kids are going to need baby gifts to give in mass and I remember how much my bff and her brother enjoyed raiding their mom’s hand made baby gift box (primarily knitted) for gifts back in the day because their friends loved receiving her cute little items. When it’s given it’s gone so I just hope someone uses them. I have made a few quilts for friend’s dogs intentionally so a dog quilt that is enjoyed is OK by me.

Now my EPP is sort of sacred. I really love you if you receive anything I quilted by hand in general. At some point I will make sure those pieces are distributed to people who will care for them.