View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 09:58 AM
berrynice

I redid all of my seams this morning. I also had a few that I already cut and I decided that I'm going to redo those pieces since I have fabric enough to do them, so everything will be the same. -- I did all of my new cuttings and so far everything fits together like it should just using the solid 1/4" seam.

In reading all the sites and blogs about the scant 1/4", and reading the postings here, I decided that I'm just going to stick with the solid 1/4" seam. I think the scant 1/4" is a little too wonky for me to fiddle with, like a thread or two is really going to make a difference, when it isn't going to be a consistent measurement, at least for my sewing. Trying to get the scant 1/4" seam just ended up giving me eyestrain and a headache, not to mention hunched over shoulders and back while trying to do it right to one or two threads (which I really didn't get it right anyways)

I'm right on with the dot (so to speak) with the 1/4" seam and I think it is better for my seams to be the same throughout the quilt.

I'm the same way with the complicated math measurements of cutting HST with a 7/8" measurement and etc. -- I just cut it to the next inch and then trim to square it up.

Thanks for the acknowledging words of others who don't do the scant 1/4" -- you make me feel that it is okay and that I'm not doing something wrong with my quilts.

Last edited by berrynice; 03-22-2022 at 10:01 AM.