View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 06:13 PM
toogie

I love to hear stories like this. The hexie sure look good now.

In my quilting group there was an older lady named Connie. She never called me by my name, but always called me Blondie. I used to dye my hair before Covid but now it’s silver. She told me one time, she hoped I didn’t mind her calling me that. I told her I didn’t. Our group hadn’t been meeting much over the last year or two, but she had not been at any when I went. I ended up running into her, in the grocery department, at Walmart. How she recognized me with mask on and hair gray, I don’t know. It was good to see her and she told me her husband’s altzhiemiers was worse so she couldn’t leave him to meet with us to quilt. We exchanged a few pleasantries then she said she needed to get back to him. I’m glad we saw each other unexpectedly that day, because a few weeks later, one of the ladies in our group called me to tell me Connie died unexpectedly. We wondered what would become of her husband. I will always have fond memories of Connie and no one else will ever call me the special name of Blondie that she called me.