View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 06:47 AM
juliasb

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! It sounds like you have always enjoyed quilting and that arthritis has been your worst enemy. I hear you when it comes to arthritis. I have limited use of my right thumb and that can be a big challenge with trying to hand quilt. I bought a Grace Original Quilt frame and a machine to go with it and used that for many years. Right now it is out of commission as the machine needs some repair. The last few quilt I have done I sent out for the quilting. That can get costly. I have a number of quilts that need repair and they will need to be repaired by hand so I figure that right hand will get the work out. I also had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and that too has helped a great deal. I haven't tried for years to fit a quilt through one of my DM's. So for now I guess I will continue to send them out and repairs will have to take their time.
I look forward to seeing a great deal here. It is a great place to be with other quilters and so much is shared all the time. Again Welcome to the QB!