View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 02:27 AM
SuzzyQ

Default 4-H Achievement Quilt 2020

I led a virtual quilting club in the fall of 2020 - Quilting - It's Hip to Be Square. We had 13 members who made items starting with charm (and other size) squares - all done virtually over ZOOM. Their projects ranged from table mats and runners to baby/lap quilts. After each 40 minute meeting they had to complete each portion/ step for their project on their own.
Because it was virtual, members could join from anywhere. We even had two members in Singapore; they had completed an in-person club the previous year while in the area during the summer while visiting family.
We completed a disappearing pinwheel sampler quilt for the Achievement. Each member received a kit with instructions, 2 - 10" squares, batting and backing. We held a ZOOM sew-along to complete the base block and review the next steps. The members completed their block variation, sandwiched and quilted it and then mailed it back to me. I put it together a la Cotton Theory method - without I might add not too many "fixes". I used what they sent me and other than adding sashing to make the blocks the right size, I only had to undo one member's work to take out a big pleat.
This is the result - A Pandemic Finish....
The plan is to have it auctioned off at this year's Awards Night with the money going to a charity of our choice.
Attached Thumbnails finished-quilt.jpg   quilt-back.jpg   label.jpg