View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 06:29 AM
Calchair

Originally Posted by Miss Mouse View Post
I’m so sorry to hear you are having issues with your new machine. I bought a Kwonglam from Peter last year and have been very happy with my machine. He’s known to be a standup guy and has been very helpful. He offered to set up some days so I could come up and make bags on the different machines before I purchased one. He had the Juki in stock when I was there and honestly after I played with it I didn’t like it. It has a tiny throat space and didn’t seem to have the power that I thought it would. I completely understand the issues of running it back and forth. Commercial grade machines are not designed to move. The head on mine weighs around 90 pounds and was a bear for my husband (who is 70) to get in my basement sewing room. I hope you can get the issue solved to your satisfaction.
Thanks for your reply. My Kwonglam is in my basement also. I am 85 years old, and cannot lift it and it is such a bother to get someone to put it in my car. I think my individual machine, not the whole brand, is bad. I guess I will make another trip to Cleveland, because if I don't, I own a very expensive paperweight. The last time it broke, I had just brought it home from Globe's repair that day, sewed about 100" of piping, the needle broke, and the machine jammed. I found the pieces of the needle, replaced, rethreaded, etc. but the wheel will not turn. This was the 3rd time it jammed. Something is off with the alignment. I am glad to hear your endorsement of the machine and Pete. It is certainly a funny place, and Pete does seem to know what he is doing.