Thread: Hand quilting
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 10:30 AM
pennyhal2

A lot depends on what you did to hold the quilt together so that it can be quilted and the kind of batting. I used blue painter tape to keep the lines straight. You really do need a frame. I just used a large 18" circular lap frame that I've had for over 30 years. I have a hoop on a stand that I like, but I like to do quilting on my lap while watching tv. Don't worry about your stitches being too large. You can put more than one stitch at a time on your needle. This is your quilt and you can make your stitches as large/short as you are comforable doing. I don't fret over the fact tha some of my stitches are longer than others either. With time, I've develped a sttich length and a rhythm that fits me.Your ability to quilt will grow and when you do your next quilt and you'll fee.l more confident. On some quilts, I've used both hand and machine quilting.

As I've gotten older, I'm not as fussy as I used to be about the details. If I'm satisfied, then it's done perfectly! I'm the only person who has to like my quilts.