View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 09:25 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Well in my opinion the maker has all the say in how the WH is made. There are no restrictions of any kind other than size
So as a couple of people have said -- Go for it! It is your choice.

So if you leave an applique edge unsewn it is ok. And if anyone is bothered by an open edge they can always add a little stitching to secure it if it bothers them. For me how the maker made it is just fine. I have one "Doll Quilt" I got in a swap a long time ago and it is not quilted and is very wrinkled because of no quilting. But it is beautiful just as it is! I love the work she put it!

If anyone wants to add a hanging sleeve that is great and if you don'/t we all have ways of hanging a WH with out a sleeve. I use a stapler and just put one staple in each corner. Quick and easy. And if anyone examines it too close and sees the staple that is just not a problem for me lol

Yes I wouild advise adding some sort of label. You can add a fabric square with all the info or you can write your info on the WH with a fabric pen. If you forget to add one it's not a problem. I have forgotten and just now realized I didn't add anything to a Trivet I made for a swap. LOL Oh well. I might make a label and send itt to her