View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 12:45 PM
berrynice

Talking Getting a new iron!

My old dry iron finally ironed its last. I liked it for the most part, but was finding that when I ironed, it really couldn't get the folds out of fabric. It would iron them out, but by the time the fabric cooled off, the fold line was showing again. It just wasn't getting hot enough anymore so I had been thinking about looking for another one.

Then, today, I was sitting at my sewing machine today and noticed a weird shadow my iron was projecting from the sun hitting it. In picking it up, I noticed that the metal below the sole plate was sticking up (probably happened when the leg of my old ironing board collapsed and it all crashed to the floor a few weeks ago). Thankfully it didn't start a fire or shock me or worse, as I have used it quite a bit since it fell.

So, today it was shopping day for a new iron. I looked at dry irons, cordless irons and steam irons. I finally decided to go with steam and I'm getting the Rowenta Pro Master. I've been reading multi forums and it seems that a lot of quilters use the Rowenta brand of irons.

I would love to hear from other Rowenta users on how you like yours and any pointers.