Old 04-21-2022, 05:18 PM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
SuzSLO, thanks for sharing the photo and some background details of your laundry basket quilt! It is beautiful; was it difficult? I noticed Edyta was urging the marking of sewing points, which I've never done when machine piecing.

Here is the photo I took of my partial RT border. I had thought, while looking at postings on Bonnie's Facebook page, that the geese did not look proportional to smaller versions of the quilt, but I thought I would want at least a 4" border, so I went ahead anyway. It was when glancing at the small thumbnail version in my photo folder that it occurred to me that the geese were too prominent.
I don’t think that the geese look out of proportion on your quilt, but again, I understand your feelings. Now that I’m finished with my LBQ mystery, I have no excuse but to go back to finding my own “perfect” border for RT.

On the LBQ mystery, I found that trying to mark the sewing points without a template or ruler with a drilled hole was a lot of effort for very little improvements in accuracy. I used my That Purple Thing to find that 1/4 inch and pinned a lot. This was my first time making kaleidoscope units and I really enjoyed it. I might try the LBQ Alaska quilt or one of its variations, but not before I finish RT!