View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 12:48 PM
berrynice

Unhappy How to handle usable scraps

I normally don't save scraps. Lately I have been working with 2.5" strips and have a lot of scraps that are definitely usable. I've been taking out the seams from leftover after sewing 2 - 3 strips together and then making cuts for the patterns and then cutting the smaller ones into 2.5" squares and the larger ones into 4" and some a little larger. But, honestly, just looking at them, I know that I'm probably never going to use them. It is at the point that with the quilt that I am making now, that I really don't even want to take the time to rip out the seams of the leftover scraps that I just finished having left over from cutting 3 strips sewn together.

The thing is, I really don't feel right just tossing them in the trash. So, what do I do with them. I'm afraid that if I just drop them off to goodwill or the like, they will just toss them as well, or do they sell them in their stores? I don't have anyone really close by that I know of that sews that I can give them too, either.

I tried giving yarn away one time (a lot of good yarn) and after calling churches, assisted living places, schools, a girls club, etc I got tired of getting a funky 'why are you even asking us' attitude. It was definitely out of my comfort zone, being an introvert to begin with. I don't even want to try that avenue with fabric scraps.

So what do I do with them? Up until now, I've just been tossing my scraps, but for some reason, I just can't seem to with these. Especially after reading so many posts about scraps quilts, which I know even with the scraps, I have no desire to make.

Last edited by berrynice; 04-24-2022 at 12:52 PM.