Old 04-25-2022, 06:56 AM
craftiladi

Originally Posted by PurplePansies View Post
I’m not persnickety, I enjoy the process and the finished quilt and if it isn’t good enough for others, that’s their issue. After long years of hard work as a working single Mom, I am in the position of being able to afford high priced fabric, but that wasn’t the case when I started quilting 28 years ago. Those old quilts are now some of my most treasured, even though the fabric is sale bin JoAnn’s. Buy the best fabric you can afford, buy what you like, enjoy the process and the finished quilt. Remember where this all started — the calico that still had some wear left in it from the old dress or shirt that was no longer wearable, not to mention feedbacks filled with chicken feed!
Totally agree-I too was a single mom of three kids and didn't know a thing about making quilts & often times it was thrift store finds that I used to make my quilts-I am very lucky that even the bags of thread I picked up at thrift stores is still holding up after almost 40 years. Yes my youngest still has one of the very first quilts I made-I look at it now with its different textures of fabric & just shake my head but she still cherishes it. I am self-taught but the more I learned the more picky I started getting to the point I wasn't enjoying the process anymore so I have taken my persnicketiness down a couple of notches lol