Thread: Bernina 590
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 08:10 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Thanks for the input , Ladies. Now I am rethinking my trade-in. They will give me $400 for it and I don’t know if they will increase that amount if I include the embroidery modual and extras.
I do A LOT of piecing so would want whatever is necessary to accomplish that. However to be honest, I have and USE 3 featherweight for most of my piecing.
I wasn’t aware of needing software to embroider . I thought I could just download designs onto a stick and go. Am I wrong?
Most of the time, for the embroidery I do, I just use ready made embroidery designs. Yes, you just use a usb stick (try to keep it a smaller size Ideally 1 G or less) If it is too large, the machine will look everywhere for the designs and it takes longer to load, at least that is what I have been told, I just got some 1 G sticks. The type of things you can do on the machine are to rotate the designs, resize them 20 % up or down, add letters to your design, add another design, multiple your designs, change it into endless embroidery, convert the thread colors to the brand you have (as long as it is one of the common ones in the thread conversion list). And a bit more, so I haven't bought the stand alone program that is for if you actually want to program your own unique designs. That is why I suggested not to get the stand alone embroidery program as you may find you do not need it. Also for your information, I got the red machine on sale for a good price and the asking price was $1000. The 440 you have has more features than my Red machine which is basically a 215 which I don't think they make anymore. I only got $500 for my 630 which was less than what I paid for the red machine. If your 440 is working fine, I really would keep it for a piecing machine that does more than the featherweights. Oh, also good for a class or workshop machine as the 590 is a bit heavy to luge around although not as bad as the 7 or 8 series.

Last edited by sewingpup; 04-29-2022 at 08:12 AM.