Thread: Bernina 590
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 04:18 PM
sewingpup

I do need to go back and try the 97 and then the 97D. My current thought is that the dual feed when using the 97D foot sometimes blocked the tip of the triangle and actually interfered with the triangle advancing. When I put on the 97 foot and then of course was not able to use the dual feed, it seemed like the triangle pieces advanced smoother, and I did not have the problem with the end of the triangle pieces getting bunched up a bit at the tip. I did have the 5mm stitch plate on and I need to go back and put on the single hole plate to see if that is even better. As I mentioned before, my dealer was new to Bernina and also opening a new shop and moving another, when I first got it so my learning curve has been a bit of my own trial and error. I am giving feedback to the shop as I learn so hopefully my feedback on what has worked for me gets passed on. I do think however, that I will still use my dual feed 97D foot when stitching longer seams together and not working on these smaller triangles.

Last edited by sewingpup; 04-29-2022 at 04:22 PM.