Old 05-02-2022, 07:11 AM
toogie

I have two rooms on one side of my 5 1/2 foot hallway. One is larger than the other and the smaller was built for my sewing room, no closet ( what was I thinking) At the time of the build, 16 years ago, I was into quilting. I sewed baby heirloom sewing mostly and embroidered, so I had 3 machines, a regular sewing machine, embroidery machine and serger. With all the supplies added and then the actual cutting out process, just working on a project, and making my first two Queen quilts, I soon outgrew the small room. So.. we switched the guest room with a closet to my new and bigger sewing room. It made my ‘new’ guest room tight for getting into bed. I have a queen size bed and a long dresser only but it works because it’s usually a grandchild spending the night and TV is wall mounted.
However since I started quilting, I find the larger room is getting too small-lol One brother-in-law suggested we could knock the wall out between the town rooms!-lol I don’t think my husband thought this was funny. I told BIL that I couldn’t do that, because not only would I lose the closet, our a/c unit is between the rooms!
I did tell hubby we could buy a big shed and finish the inside….and then move all the living room furniture, TV and him outside! I’d get a frame to go with my long arm and put it in the living room!- lol
It does make more sense to use your bigger room for quilting so if he is agreeable, go for it!