View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 07:57 AM
OurWorkbench

Default May 2022 Colorado Sewing Machine Get-Together - Part 2

Leon

Leon, who we call our Kansas member-at-large, sends several pictures of what has been interesting to him over the past month. He shares this:

The sewing machine fairies have been smiling up on us here in Kansas. I went see my sis and we went to an estate sale. I really had little (no actually) need for a Singer stylist. But for $2.50 I could not let it pass. That afternoon I got a pointer towards black cast Irons. Yep. Got an industrial 31-15 for $20.00.

This weekend I drove for an hour to pick up the Pfaff 130 with an embroidery attachment. Iris's garden has been keeping up busy to the point of exhaustion so the Singers are awaiting testing. The Pfaff needle moves a whole 1/4 of an inch after two days of playing with it. Badly damaged paint and decals. On well, I do enjoy a challenge.

Saturday we went to go see Iris's cousin. Her modern computerized machine was having a terrible time. I opened it partially up. Clean a bunch of lint, oiled, and "oh what is that?" 5 colors of thread made a huge nest around the take up arm's joint. That took some work, but it is happy again.

Hope all is going well with you all.

leon-vsm-newton-singer-stylist-419-2dollar-50.jpg

leon-vsm-newton-31-15-industrial-front.jpg

leon-vsm-pfaff-130-day-one-rough-front.jpg

leon-vsm-pfaff130-laquer-peel-bed.jpg

leon-vsm-pfaff130-timing-belt.jpg

to be continued...