Old 05-12-2022, 03:38 AM
lindaschipper

I started out back in 1980 something sewing county dolls for a local craft store. They sold very well, and I know for sure some have reached the shores of Germany, and Scotland, while others remained here in many of our states. My children were very little then, and it was a way to make extra money for their needs. I've made clothing for the boys when they were little and dresses for my daughter too. When they were in grade school, I worked nights in a factory. My second husband passed away in 2008 and the kids were grown by then and I needed something to do after being laid off from my factory job in 2008 (wasn't everyone?), and so I started sewing again. One thing led to another, and there were baby quilts being made, and then bed sized quilts for my friends and family. A few years back I found Project Linus and it seemed like the perfect thing to do. I've tried to quit quilting several times because of the expense, but I keep going back to it. It keeps me busy and out of trouble... most days!