Old 06-03-2022, 03:27 PM
charlottequilts

I have the Juki 2010 and absolutely love it. The best descriptor I can think of for its action is "silky." It's very solid, too, and easy to access and clean.

When I first tried to do straight-line quilting with it, it was a disaster. The top was pin-basted every few inches, but the walking foot was basically pushing the fabric around, mostly forward. From a tip on this board, I ordered a Janome walking foot that was lighter, and that helped. More important than that was not using Quilter's Dream "request" (or maybe "select" - it was the thinnest one.). It was like there just wasn't enough adherence between the top and the batting, and the top was at the mercy of the walking foot. I finished the quilting, but the pattern of the top was distorted.

I still love the Juki and use it for piecing. It's wonderful with thick areas, like binding or sewing through a binding and ruffle together. One quilt had circle appliques, with turned-under edges. I straight-stitched around edge of the circles through 4 layers of fabric plus batting, with no trouble at all (it made cool designs on the back.) I have also quilted successfully with the next step up of Quilter's Dream. So, I'd definitely buy it again, especially since I have a computerized machine for when one is needed.

hugs,
charlotte