View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 01:44 AM
Quilting Raven

I think I currently have 6 finished quilts. Two were made for family that have passed and those family members were living with me at the time they died. One quilt was made for me by my grandma when I was little. It’s now folded on a quilt rack to display because I’m not sure it would survive being washed again. The other 3 I just made for the fun of it.

I also have a cedar chest full of crochet afghans. I tend to give those to anyone who admires them and I like. Or anyone I feel could use one. I gave one to a friend to give to his girlfriend(I had not met her at the time) after she miscarried. I’m told she loved it.

My dog currently sleeps on my quilt so I wouldn’t be offended by that. I make them for the fun of making them and I often make them for specific people. I’ll ask favorite colors, bed sizes, hobbies, etc. If I found someone gave away my quilt or used it to cover up their log pile it probably would hurt my feelings but not enough to stop me from giving away other quilts as gifts. I just wouldn’t give another to that particular person. My quilts are made to be used and if my niece is dragging it through the mud outside, well they are washable.